I have a bonus post for you this week! They are my favorite cookies. Give them a try and let me know how it goes!
These cookies were always a huge hit in my house when I was growing up. Every time a batch was baked the cookies would disappear in a flash!
The ingredients are added in three sets of three (except the chocolate chips which are mixed in at the end). Once the cookies are spooned onto the cookie sheet they must be flattened because they do not spread much. I use the bottom of a glass and dip it in sugar to keep the cookies from sticking to it too much.
Here is the recipe so you can see for yourself just how great they are! I hope you enjoy! I would love to hear any questions or opinions in the comments section below! Happy baking!
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup margarine (softened)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick cook oats
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Cream together the first three ingredients until they are fluffy.
- Add in the next three ingredients (water, egg, and vanilla) and mix well.
- Measure the oats, flour, and baking soda into the bowl and mix until everything is combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop round spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet. Using the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar flatten the cookie a little. Bake for 10 minutes, or until they just start turning golden brown. Let them cool for a few minutes before removing from the cookie sheet. They are extremely gooey when warm.